Sonoran Living Segment 1/5/17
Avacado Hair Mask
WHIPPED AVOCADO, OLIVE OIL AND HONEY HAIR MASK
Makes enough for my thick, shoulder-length hair (double it for longer hair)
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and scooped out
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2-3 drops lavender essential oil (optional)
- Bowl and hand-mixer or stand-mixer
- Hair clip (for longer hair)
- Shower cap
- Hair dryer or a sunny day
- In a small mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, add in the avocado, olive oil, honey and essential oil. Whip on high until light in color and smooth.
- Dampen hair with water. Spread mask onto hair, paying particular attention to the ends (feel free to rub it in a bit). Clip your hair onto the top of your head, cover with shower cap, and heat—either using a hair dryer for 15 minutes or by sitting in the sun for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove shower cap, rinse out mask, and then wash and condition hair as usual.
COCONUT Oil Hair Mask
Organic Coconut Oil Apply to hair.